Developer gets crash report from device running iOS 5
iOS app developer FutureTap has received a crash report from a device running iOS 5. FutureTap notes the crash involved MKUserLocationBreadCrumb, which 9to5Mac notes is related to the maps/location functions in iOS and could mean these APIs have been altered in iOS 5.
Since Apple is now testing third-party apps with iOS 5, it likely puts the next version of the iPhone's operating system on-track for a public unveiling in June at WWDC. It's still not clear if we'll see iOS 5 released in mid-summer as we have previous major iOS updates, or if Apple will wait until the fall to release iOS 5 alongside updated hardware.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs