Zynga buys Wonderland Software, makers of GodFinger
Zynga has added another iOS developer to its growing stable -- Wonderland Software, makers of GodFinger, the Ngmoco-published freemium title, has been purchased and rebranded as Zynga Mobile UK. Wonderland made GodFinger for Ngmoco, so that game isn't part of the buyout, but Zynga will, of course, use the company and its resources to build up a developer presence in the UK for both mobile and social games.
This buyout follows the purchase of two other big iOS developers by Zynga, including Drop7 dev Area/Code, now Zynga New York, and Words With Friends' Newtoy, which has seen been rebranded as Zynga With Friends. That's quite a growing empire Zynga is building out of iPhone developers, and I'm inclined to say we'll see a few more studios bought up in the future. What we haven't seen quite yet is just what these studios are doing for Zynga -- Words With Friends has been marked with a Zynga logo, but Zynga's iOS push doesn't have any new games to play with yet. Hopefully we'll see the fruits of these deals at some point.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update