Samsung brings Apple patent suit to US soil
Last week Samsung countersued Apple in Korea, Japan and Germany for infringements on up to five Samsung patents. The countersuit came after Apple lobbed a massive suit against Samsung for copying the iPhone and iPad. Apple wasn't pulling any punches either. "It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging. This kind of blatant copying is wrong, and we need to protect Apple's intellectual property when companies steal our ideas," a Cupertino spokesperson said.
Well, Samsung brought its patent infringement countersuit against Apple to the US yesterday. As Bloomberg reports, the new US suit expands the number of alleged patent infringements by Apple to 10. Among the alleged violations: a patent that covers improvements to text messages and their attachments, another that covers technology that allows a user to place a phone call and surf the Web at the same time, and another that allows for increased capacity of mobile networks.
How this is all going to play out is anyone's guess. All I can say with certainty is that this is a great time to be an IP lawyer.
Last week Samsung countersued Apple in Korea, Japan and Germany for infringements on up to five Samsung patents. The countersuit came...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time