Verizon iPhone untethered jailbreak now available for iOS 4.2.7
While GSM-iPhone owners have had the pleasure of an untethered jailbreak for the latest iOS iteration, 4.3.2, Verizon CDMA-iPhone owners haven't been so lucky -- until now.
Sn0wbreeze 2.6.1, a Windows-only utility brought to you by the folks from iH8sn0w, is now able to install an untethered jailbreak for the Verizon iPhone running iOS 4.2.7. But what about all those Mac-owning Verizon iPhone users who want in on the untethered action?
No problem -- simply jailbreak with redsn0w as per normal, then head to Cydia and install the Verizon Untether for 4.2.7 from the http://cydia.pushfix.info repo. Quick, simple and now without the need to connect to your computer to reboot.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows