Cable TV iPad apps prove popular with customers
GigaOm has posted some interesting numbers about cable providers' apps that allow subscribers to watch TV right on their iPads.
Time Warner Cable stated on its earnings call that its TWCable TV app has been downloaded more than 360,000 times in just under a month. Comcast's Xfinity TV app (out since November) has been downloaded a whopping 1.5 million times, and Cablevision's Optimum app had 50,000 downloads in just five days.
All signs are pointing to the fact that cable subscribers love to be able to stream their shows to the iPad. Now, of course there are those pesky lawsuits from content distributors who are attempting to keep their channels off the iPad apps, but thankfully some cooler heads are prevailing.
With the impressive download numbers above suggesting that people love viewing their cable TV service on the iPad, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before commercials start appearing that highlight a company's iPad app as a feature of choosing one cable company over another.
GigaOm has posted some interesting numbers about cable providers' apps that allow subscribers to watch TV right on their iPads. Time...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free