Korean carriers suspend iPad 2 online sales
Korean mobile carriers SK Telecom and KT Corp have suspended online sales of the iPad 2 only a week after the product was launched. According to a report this morning, tight supplies of the tablet were responsible for the suspension.
Reuters noted that the SK Telecom website is showing an apologetic message stating that "our iPad 2 inventory has been depleted and we apologize for failing to provide enough supplies due to the product's global supply shortages."
While Apple is still showing wait times of only 1-2 weeks for most of the Apple online stores (including the South Korean store), it's apparent that supplies of the iPad 2 are insufficient to meet the demand from Apple and the two telecom companies. Both of the carriers are counting on tablet and smartphone sales to make up for dismal growth in voice traffic revenues.
Korean mobile carriers SK Telecom and KT Corp have suspended online sales of the iPad 2 only a week after the product was launched....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs