Korean carriers suspend iPad 2 online sales
Korean mobile carriers SK Telecom and KT Corp have suspended online sales of the iPad 2 only a week after the product was launched. According to a report this morning, tight supplies of the tablet were responsible for the suspension.
Reuters noted that the SK Telecom website is showing an apologetic message stating that "our iPad 2 inventory has been depleted and we apologize for failing to provide enough supplies due to the product's global supply shortages."
While Apple is still showing wait times of only 1-2 weeks for most of the Apple online stores (including the South Korean store), it's apparent that supplies of the iPad 2 are insufficient to meet the demand from Apple and the two telecom companies. Both of the carriers are counting on tablet and smartphone sales to make up for dismal growth in voice traffic revenues.
Korean mobile carriers SK Telecom and KT Corp have suspended online sales of the iPad 2 only a week after the product was launched....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client