TripIt goes First Class with new universal app for iPad
For those of us who use the TripIt service and app to keep track of our upcoming travel plans, the lack of an iPad version of the app was somewhat annoying. You could always load the iPhone app onto your iPad and use the 2X button to expand the size, but it just didn't look or feel right. Third-party apps that accessed TripIt's API, like TravelTracker Pro, filled the gap, but they didn't have that TripIt 'made here' feel.
All of our requests for the iPad app were answered today, as the travel organizer has come out with a new universal version of the app. The app is available in two flavors -- a free, ad-supported version and a US$3.99 version without advertising.
The TripIt iPad edition is nicely designed to take advantage of the extra space afforded by the tablet's screen, and large maps that display your trip plans to accentuate the information in your itineraries.
If you already use TripIt and have been wanting a bit of additional "legroom" in the app, download the update right now. A few screenshots of the iPad version can be seen in the gallery below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs