iSuppli: Apple will snag 76% of app download market in 2011
Yesterday, iSuppli released new projections for the app download market. In those projections, iSuppli stated that Apple will snag 76% of the app download market in 2011. That market share will garner Apple $2.91 billion in revenue. iSuppli, of course, attributes Apple's app download market share to the popularity of its iOS devices.
However, as more Android phones flood the market, Apple's app download market share is expected to decline in future years. But that decline isn't enough to knock the Cupertino company out of the top spot. By 2014, Apple will still command 60% of the app download market, iSuppli estimated.
In breaking down the download numbers for 2011, iSuppli expects Apple's App Store to have the most downloads at 10.3 billion, followed by Google's Android Marketplace with 5.8 billion downloads. Next comes Nokia's Ovi Store with 1.1 billion downloads, followed by BlackBerry's App World with 772 million downloads.
Yesterday, iSuppli released new projections for the app download market. In those projections, iSuppli stated that Apple will snag 76% of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free