iPad 2 sells out in 4 hours in Beijing
The iPad 2 made its official debut in China on May 6 and the popular tablet device sold out in just four hours at the flagship Apple store in Beijing. According to M.I.C Gadget, the scene at the Beijing store was reportedly wild with hundreds of customers waiting in line, scalpers on the sidelines looking to buy and sell iPad 2s for cash, security guards circling the crowd and even a German Shepherd on hand to keep the scene under control.
Similar to previous launches, demand for the iPad 2 greatly outstripped supply, a scenario confirmed by Apple during its latest earning conference call. Apple's acting-CEO Tim Cook said the company was facing "the mother of all backlogs" with the iPad 2. Apple is working on increasing production and hopes to reduce iPad 2 wait times in the upcoming quarters.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration