iPad 2 sells out in 4 hours in Beijing
The iPad 2 made its official debut in China on May 6 and the popular tablet device sold out in just four hours at the flagship Apple store in Beijing. According to M.I.C Gadget, the scene at the Beijing store was reportedly wild with hundreds of customers waiting in line, scalpers on the sidelines looking to buy and sell iPad 2s for cash, security guards circling the crowd and even a German Shepherd on hand to keep the scene under control.
Similar to previous launches, demand for the iPad 2 greatly outstripped supply, a scenario confirmed by Apple during its latest earning conference call. Apple's acting-CEO Tim Cook said the company was facing "the mother of all backlogs" with the iPad 2. Apple is working on increasing production and hopes to reduce iPad 2 wait times in the upcoming quarters.
The iPad 2 made its official debut in China on May 6 and the popular tablet device sold out in just four hours at the flagship Apple...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements