iPad 2 sells out in 4 hours in Beijing
The iPad 2 made its official debut in China on May 6 and the popular tablet device sold out in just four hours at the flagship Apple store in Beijing. According to M.I.C Gadget, the scene at the Beijing store was reportedly wild with hundreds of customers waiting in line, scalpers on the sidelines looking to buy and sell iPad 2s for cash, security guards circling the crowd and even a German Shepherd on hand to keep the scene under control.
Similar to previous launches, demand for the iPad 2 greatly outstripped supply, a scenario confirmed by Apple during its latest earning conference call. Apple's acting-CEO Tim Cook said the company was facing "the mother of all backlogs" with the iPad 2. Apple is working on increasing production and hopes to reduce iPad 2 wait times in the upcoming quarters.
The iPad 2 made its official debut in China on May 6 and the popular tablet device sold out in just four hours at the flagship Apple...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client