Photographer creates amazing photo book with iPhone and Camera+
Almost every day, we see people putting the iPhone 4's camera to amazing use, but New York wedding photographer Joshua Brown took it to the next level. Using tap tap tap's US$1.99 Camera+, Joshua created an entire photo book of a recent trip to Italy. The results are eyebrow-raising to say the least; every shot looks like it was taken with a high-end DSLR rather than the iPhone 4's decent but decidedly consumer-level camera.
"I actually went out there to shoot a wedding in Florence, so I had my [Canon] 5D with me, but I really felt like I wanted to just relax and not haul a bunch of gear around all week," says Joshua. "I did actually bring the 5D out a few times, but all the images that made it to the book were from the iPhone."
You can check out some choice shots at tap tap tap's blog, or check out a preview of the entire book here (
sorry, iOS users, it's in Flash it should work fine on the iPad or iPhone). Although it's not going to replace my DSLR, after seeing Joshua's shots, I'll likely take my iPhone 4's camera a lot more seriously than I have thus far. As an aside, if you have an iPhone 4 and are even remotely interested in taking above-average pictures with it, Camera+ is a must-have.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)