Crowded chaos, injuries at SanLiTun Apple Store in Beijing
It's hard to tell exactly what went down, but it can't have been good: 9to5Mac relays pictures and reporting from Mychinaviews and MacX.cn that some sort of disturbance/riot took place at the SanLiTun Apple Store in Beijing, China -- seemingly as a result of incredible demand during the China iPad 2 launch, although it's not certain.
The translated MacX story suggests that the crowd of would-be customers in front of the store got a bit out of hand, and that a 'foreign employee' attacked the crowd with a piece of steel rebar or a similar instrument.
Photos purporting to show the aftermath of the incident have a broken glass storefront and several injured people; we're reaching out to Apple for comment, and we'll see if there are any more detailed on-scene reports.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration