Crowded chaos, injuries at SanLiTun Apple Store in Beijing
It's hard to tell exactly what went down, but it can't have been good: 9to5Mac relays pictures and reporting from Mychinaviews and MacX.cn that some sort of disturbance/riot took place at the SanLiTun Apple Store in Beijing, China -- seemingly as a result of incredible demand during the China iPad 2 launch, although it's not certain.
The translated MacX story suggests that the crowd of would-be customers in front of the store got a bit out of hand, and that a 'foreign employee' attacked the crowd with a piece of steel rebar or a similar instrument.
Photos purporting to show the aftermath of the incident have a broken glass storefront and several injured people; we're reaching out to Apple for comment, and we'll see if there are any more detailed on-scene reports.
It's hard to tell exactly what went down, but it can't have been good: 9to5Mac relays pictures and reporting from Mychinaviews and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free