Softbank profits surge thanks to the iPhone and iPad
Japan's number three wireless carrier, Softbank, reported record profits thanks to the success of the iPhone and the iPad. Net profit for the quarter ending in March climbed to Y47.41 billion, up from Y1.85 billion in the same quarter last year. Softbank's ARPU (average revenue per user) also increased year over year from Y4,070 to Y4,210, an increase attributed to the lucrative data subscriptions of iPhone 4 and iPad owners.
As the exclusive carrier of the iPhone 4 in Japan, Softbank is in a good position financially for the upcoming fiscal year. "The expansion of the smartphone market led by the iPhone and iPad was a huge factor that contributed to the growth (in 2010), " said Softbank President and CEO Masayoshi Son. In its Q2 2011 earning conference call, Apple confirmed that sales of the iPhone doubled year over year in these Asia-Pacific regions. This amazing growth is expected to continue in 2011.
Japan's number three wireless carrier, Softbank, reported record profits thanks to the success of the iPhone and the iPad. Net profit...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free