Apple compensates customer injured at Beijing store
Apple reportedly compensated a customer injured in a melee outside the Sanlitun Apple Store in Beijing, China. The customer, identified as Ding Wencheng by the Global Times, was reportedly paid a 20,000-yuan ($3,000) settlement by the Apple store for injuries he received in the altercation. According to state reports, a scuffle erupted when a foreign Apple employee allegedly started to beat suspected line jumpers. In the aftermath, several customers were hospitalized, and the front glass door of the Apple store was smashed.
Apple spokesperson Carolyn Wu acknowledged the brawl, but did not comment on the rumored settlement. "The Apple Store Sanlitun was closed for several hours on Saturday after a group outside the store became unruly." Wu added, "The store team acted to protect themselves and our customers by closing the doors and preventing the group from entering. The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority." Details on the status of the hospitalized customers are unknown, but presumably, Apple may compensate others injured in this unfortunate incident.
[Via The Next Web]
Apple reportedly compensated a customer injured in a melee outside the Sanlitun Apple Store in Beijing, China. The customer,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free