Report suggests 64 GB, 3G iPad is top seller
The 64 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model is the most popular iPad 2 model according to market research firm Context. The top-of-the-line model accounted for a third of all iPad 2 sales in Western Europe. The runner-up in this sales race is the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi only model, which grabbed 22 percent of all iPad 2 sales. Combined, these two models account for more than half of all iPad 2 sales in the region.
Overall, Apple was, once again, the dominant tablet with 80 percent market share in the opening quarter of 2011. Context mobile computing analyst, Salman Chaudhry predicts the iPad will remain #1 in Western Europe, but will face increasing competition from Android tablets. The Android effect is already taking its toll on iPad sales -- according to Context, Apple's tablet dropped five percentage points from Q4 2010 to Q1 2011.
The 64 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model is the most popular iPad 2 model according to market research firm Context. The top-of-the-line model...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements