Apple job posting points to Sprint iPhone
Apple has posted a new job listing that points to Sprint as a future iPhone carrier. The listing was posted on April 2, and it's for a "Carrier Engineer" located in Kansas City, MO. The position seeks a new "member of the Carrier Engineering team that supports taking products through technical approval at the carriers. A Carrier Engineer team is responsible for day-to-day technical interactions with the one or more carriers to track down issues reported by the carrier, assist the carrier with testing they might be conducting and working with program management, software development and test teams to get products approved by the carriers."
Of course, the unusual thing about this position is that it's located in Kansas City, MO. As noted by Stop it, AT&T, that could mean that this Carrier Engineer employee will work directly with Sprint, whose headquarters is located in Kansas City. The odd location of this position fits nicely with the rumors that Apple will add Sprint and T-Mobile as US iPhone carriers by the end of the year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support