ifoAppleStore celebrates Apple Store anniversary with a road trip
As you may have heard, Apple's retail arm is celebrating 10 years of existence this May, and the guys at ifoAppleStore.com are doing something special to celebrate. Gary Allen will be driving from California all the way out to Virginia for the opening of the Apple Store at Tyson's Corner there, documenting his trip both on the blog and on his Twitter account. It's a great trip, both because of the Apple tie-in, and because it's Gary just experiencing America first-hand. I've driven from the Midwest out to California a few times (and many times from St. Louis up to New York for my college career), and there's nothing more fun than exploring out on the open road.
Gary also says that while he's not sure if Apple will do anything official to celebrate the retail anniversary, he does hear that the stores will quietly be doing something on the 19th or 20th of this month. So stay tuned -- if we hear about anything special next Friday, we'll let you know.
In the meantime, you can follow Gary on his trip, and check out the recording of our TUAW Talkcast -- Gary was our guest on the show Sunday night, and he chatted about his trip and the anniversary.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter