TUAW's Daily iOS App: Pinch 2 HD
You may remember Pinch, a drag-and-drop platformer that we featured a while back. The idea was that you dragged colored orbs around a map, navigating them through obstacles of various kinds and even combining or tearing them apart in order to line them up correctly. That game was well received, and a few weeks back, its sequel appeared on the App Store as an iPad-only title.
Pinch 2 HD is an overhaul of the concept, featuring the same sort of drag-and-drop puzzle platforming gameplay, but with a few new colors in the mix and a few new elements to play with. The look has been given a complete update, and gameplay is superior on the iPad. The original iPhone version had you dragging the screen around a lot to see what you were doing, and while you can still do that on the iPad, the bigger screen lets you see the overall picture more easily.
Game Center integration brings leaderboards and achievements, and the graphics and music work great. The game is a free download, with 20 levels unlocked to play and 80 more available to buy with a US$4.99 in-app purchase (and more on the way via updates). Both Pinch fans and newcomers will enjoy Pinch 2 HD.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter