TUAW's Daily iOS App: Pinch 2 HD
You may remember Pinch, a drag-and-drop platformer that we featured a while back. The idea was that you dragged colored orbs around a map, navigating them through obstacles of various kinds and even combining or tearing them apart in order to line them up correctly. That game was well received, and a few weeks back, its sequel appeared on the App Store as an iPad-only title.
Pinch 2 HD is an overhaul of the concept, featuring the same sort of drag-and-drop puzzle platforming gameplay, but with a few new colors in the mix and a few new elements to play with. The look has been given a complete update, and gameplay is superior on the iPad. The original iPhone version had you dragging the screen around a lot to see what you were doing, and while you can still do that on the iPad, the bigger screen lets you see the overall picture more easily.
Game Center integration brings leaderboards and achievements, and the graphics and music work great. The game is a free download, with 20 levels unlocked to play and 80 more available to buy with a US$4.99 in-app purchase (and more on the way via updates). Both Pinch fans and newcomers will enjoy Pinch 2 HD.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free