Digitimes: LTE iPhone in 2012, Apple lowering iPhone 4 orders
Digitimes reports that Apple has lowered its iPhone 4 shipment volume for calendar Q2 2011 in anticipation of slower sales as the company prepares to unveil a new iPhone in September. Digitimes says supply chain makers have confirmed Apple has lowered iPhone 4 shipments from 20 million units down to 17.5-18 million units. Of those, 16 million units will be the GSM version, while 1.5-2 million units will be the CDMA version.
In a second report, Digitimes says Apple is unlikely to unveil an LTE-equipped iPhone before 2012. This isn't really new; there have been numerous reports that LTE chipsets aren't currently made small enough to fit in the iPhone's form factor, and even if they were, they aren't available in the quantity Apple would need to satiate consumer demand for the next iPhone.
Digitimes reports that Apple has lowered its iPhone 4 shipment volume for calendar Q2 2011 in anticipation of slower sales as the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support