Playboy archives coming to iPad tomorrow
If you've been waiting for those Playboy archives ever since we heard about them in January, the wait is almost over. App Advice says the web app containing all back issues of the famously controversial gentleman's magazine will finally be ready to go on the iPad tomorrow, for a subscription price of $8 a month, of course. Back in March, an iPad app was released, but it's since disappeared from the App Store, perhaps because of Apple's restrictions on adult content there. Of course, the web app has no such restrictions, so interested subscribers will be able to browse all of Playboy's 50-plus years of content.
We're just reading it for the articles, of course. But if this flies with consumers, we may see more publications going with a web-based content service occasionally, rather than depending on the Apple App Store to deliver archived content.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter