Playboy archives coming to iPad tomorrow
If you've been waiting for those Playboy archives ever since we heard about them in January, the wait is almost over. App Advice says the web app containing all back issues of the famously controversial gentleman's magazine will finally be ready to go on the iPad tomorrow, for a subscription price of $8 a month, of course. Back in March, an iPad app was released, but it's since disappeared from the App Store, perhaps because of Apple's restrictions on adult content there. Of course, the web app has no such restrictions, so interested subscribers will be able to browse all of Playboy's 50-plus years of content.
We're just reading it for the articles, of course. But if this flies with consumers, we may see more publications going with a web-based content service occasionally, rather than depending on the Apple App Store to deliver archived content.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs