Apple, China Mobile supposedly reach agreement on 4G iPhone
A story at MarketWatch suggests that Apple and China Mobile have reached a consensus on a 4G iPhone. Unfortunately, China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou was stingy with the details.
Wang noted that negotiations with Apple aren't complete, and didn't provide details other than to say that his company and Apple have reached an agreement. China Mobile currently serves 4 million iPhone customers.
Last January, Reuters reported that Apple would support China Mobile's TD-LTE 4G technology. Apple's support is a significant boost for China Mobile and could prompt other handset makers to follow Apple's lead.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app