Apple, China Mobile supposedly reach agreement on 4G iPhone
A story at MarketWatch suggests that Apple and China Mobile have reached a consensus on a 4G iPhone. Unfortunately, China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou was stingy with the details.
Wang noted that negotiations with Apple aren't complete, and didn't provide details other than to say that his company and Apple have reached an agreement. China Mobile currently serves 4 million iPhone customers.
Last January, Reuters reported that Apple would support China Mobile's TD-LTE 4G technology. Apple's support is a significant boost for China Mobile and could prompt other handset makers to follow Apple's lead.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration