Happy 10th anniversary Apple Stores
Today marks the 10th anniversary of Apple's retail stores. On May 19, 2001 the very first store opened in McLean, Virginia, followed later that same day by a store in Glendale, California. Even though the McLean store opened first, the Glendale store carries the designation "001," causing a bit of controversy among statistics-friendly nerds.
Today the number of Apple Stores has grown to over 300 around the world, as our unofficial retrospective illustrates. Earlier this week, rumors suggested that Apple's got something special planned to mark the anniversary, though we haven't seen anything official yet.
Congratulations to Apple on this achievement. Here's to 10 more successful years.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options