Happy 10th anniversary Apple Stores
Today marks the 10th anniversary of Apple's retail stores. On May 19, 2001 the very first store opened in McLean, Virginia, followed later that same day by a store in Glendale, California. Even though the McLean store opened first, the Glendale store carries the designation "001," causing a bit of controversy among statistics-friendly nerds.
Today the number of Apple Stores has grown to over 300 around the world, as our unofficial retrospective illustrates. Earlier this week, rumors suggested that Apple's got something special planned to mark the anniversary, though we haven't seen anything official yet.
Congratulations to Apple on this achievement. Here's to 10 more successful years.
Today marks the 10th anniversary of Apple's retail stores. On May 19, 2001 the very first store opened in McLean, Virginia, followed...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs