Happy 10th anniversary Apple Stores
Today marks the 10th anniversary of Apple's retail stores. On May 19, 2001 the very first store opened in McLean, Virginia, followed later that same day by a store in Glendale, California. Even though the McLean store opened first, the Glendale store carries the designation "001," causing a bit of controversy among statistics-friendly nerds.
Today the number of Apple Stores has grown to over 300 around the world, as our unofficial retrospective illustrates. Earlier this week, rumors suggested that Apple's got something special planned to mark the anniversary, though we haven't seen anything official yet.
Congratulations to Apple on this achievement. Here's to 10 more successful years.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter