Apple unofficially reaches 500K approved iOS apps in the App Store
Apple has unofficially reached 500,000 approved iOS apps in the App Store. The report comes in the form of an infographic from 148Apps, Chillingo and Chomp. The group has assembled a Facebook page to celebrate the milestone.
Some goodies from the infographic:
- In 2010, "App" was declared "Word of the Year" by the American Dialect Society.
- The value of all apps that are currently live in the store is over $800 million.
- US$3.64 is the average price of a paid app, while 147,966 apps are free.
There's been no official comment from Apple, though we suspect it will be pleased to tout these numbers at WWDC once confirmed. You can check out the full infographic here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter