Apple unofficially reaches 500K approved iOS apps in the App Store
Apple has unofficially reached 500,000 approved iOS apps in the App Store. The report comes in the form of an infographic from 148Apps, Chillingo and Chomp. The group has assembled a Facebook page to celebrate the milestone.
Some goodies from the infographic:
- In 2010, "App" was declared "Word of the Year" by the American Dialect Society.
- The value of all apps that are currently live in the store is over $800 million.
- US$3.64 is the average price of a paid app, while 147,966 apps are free.
There's been no official comment from Apple, though we suspect it will be pleased to tout these numbers at WWDC once confirmed. You can check out the full infographic here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options