China Unicom offers $10 monthly iPhone plan amid stiff competition
China Unicom is trying to grab additional customers before its exclusivity with the iPhone ends. The wireless carrier is kicking off a new promotion that drops the price on its lowest iPhone plan to a rock bottom 66 yuan (US$10) a month.
Right now, its larger rivals China Mobile and China Telecom do not sell the iPhone with a service contract, but may do so in the near future. Both carriers are rumored to be in talks with Apple to bring the iPhone to their respective networks.
There is little doubt that Apple would like to get the iPhone into the hands of as many people as possible, especially in China where over 900 million people use a mobile phone. Quarterly results also show iPhone sales are exploding in this Asian-Pacific region, and Apple surely wants to capitalize on its early success.
China Unicom is trying to grab additional customers before its exclusivity with the iPhone ends. The wireless carrier is kicking off a...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time