iPad 2 coming to Russia, Ukraine, Chile, and Brazil on May 27
Earlier today we told you about the iPhone 4 launching in India on May 27th. Now Apple's iPad 2 is set to make a splash in new markets as well. As noted by 9to5 Mac, the iPad 2 is set to go on sale in Russia, Ukraine, Chile and Brazil this Friday.
Our Russian readers will be able to pick up Apple's latest tablet at a host of stores, including MediaMarkt, Beliy Veter Cifrovoi, M.Video, ION, Technosila, Eldorado, z-Store and Re:Store. As is sadly usually the case, the iPad 2 will be much more expensive in Russia than it is in the US or Europe. The 16 GB Wi-Fi version starts at 18,990 rubles, or US$667, while the 64 GB 3G version comes in at a whopping 30,990 rubles, or $1,088.
Not much information is available at this time as to what the cost will be and what resellers will have the iPad 2 in Brazil, but in Chile the iPad 2 will be sold at retailer Ripley.cl and in Ukraine it will be sold at the retailers iStore, Moyo, Comfy and Foxtrot. Ukrainian prices will be as high as Russian ones with the 16 GB Wi-Fi version costing the equivalent of US$670 and the 64 GB 3G version the equivalent of US$1100.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options