Building a homemade "iPad 3"
Some folks are talented and build interesting gadgets in their spare time. Take, for example, the man who spent two weeks building a white tablet he calls the iPad 3. He handpicked all the parts and assembled the device into a functioning tablet, complete with a stuck-on Apple logo.
Sadly, he chose Windows XP for the OS, which makes the logo and iPad 3 name seem a bit awkward. Like others before him, he filmed the project from start to finish and published it as a time-lapse video for the world to see. Geeky folks not put off by the Microsoft influence should read on and check out the video.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter