Building a homemade "iPad 3"
Some folks are talented and build interesting gadgets in their spare time. Take, for example, the man who spent two weeks building a white tablet he calls the iPad 3. He handpicked all the parts and assembled the device into a functioning tablet, complete with a stuck-on Apple logo.
Sadly, he chose Windows XP for the OS, which makes the logo and iPad 3 name seem a bit awkward. Like others before him, he filmed the project from start to finish and published it as a time-lapse video for the world to see. Geeky folks not put off by the Microsoft influence should read on and check out the video.
Some folks are talented and build interesting gadgets in their spare time. Take, for example, the man who spent two weeks building a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs