First day of hurricane season means new Hurricane apps
Hurricane for iPhone allows users to track hurricanes in real time. Not only can you track speed, direction, pressure and your distance from a current storm, you can also browse historical hurricane data all the way back to 1851. Additionally, text bulletins give you all the latest warnings about storms in your area. Hurricane costs US$3.99.
Hurricane HD is the iPad version of the Hurricane app. It's just been updated to version 2.0 and sports a major UI change with added features, including the ability to plot multiple storms (past and present) on interactive tracking maps, track hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones world wide, and it offers push notifications for newly formed storms. Hurricane HD 2.0 is $3.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)