Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on iPad, X-Men Arcade out now on iOS
It's Thursday again and that means more big profile releases in the App Store. This week there are two big titles out to play with, in addition to lots of other smaller releases. First up, Konami has released a port of the old X-Men: The Arcade Game on iOS, the side-scrolling beat-em-up from way back in 1992. It's been updated with Game Center, but as with most of these old school games, the controls consist of a couple of onscreen buttons -- not exactly ideal. Still, fans of the title will enjoy it, and the US$2.99 download price ain't bad at all, especially since it's a universal version.
And EA's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now available on the iPad. It's been out on the iPhone for a little while, but this high budget FPS is now playing on the bigger screen as well. There are three different control setups to play with, Game Center integration, and even full 6-player action on both Wi-Fi and 3G. At $9.99, it's the very definition of a premium title, but as you probably know, EA has a big sale nearly every holiday, so just wait a while and you'll probably see it cheaper.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client