Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on iPad, X-Men Arcade out now on iOS
It's Thursday again and that means more big profile releases in the App Store. This week there are two big titles out to play with, in addition to lots of other smaller releases. First up, Konami has released a port of the old X-Men: The Arcade Game on iOS, the side-scrolling beat-em-up from way back in 1992. It's been updated with Game Center, but as with most of these old school games, the controls consist of a couple of onscreen buttons -- not exactly ideal. Still, fans of the title will enjoy it, and the US$2.99 download price ain't bad at all, especially since it's a universal version.
And EA's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now available on the iPad. It's been out on the iPhone for a little while, but this high budget FPS is now playing on the bigger screen as well. There are three different control setups to play with, Game Center integration, and even full 6-player action on both Wi-Fi and 3G. At $9.99, it's the very definition of a premium title, but as you probably know, EA has a big sale nearly every holiday, so just wait a while and you'll probably see it cheaper.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more "cool" stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support