Taptu 1.5 adds Instapaper saving, search option
We first looked at the newsviewer app Taptu a couple of months ago when the iPad version launched. Its combination of social streams and curated news feeds makes it a strong contender in the crowded news reader space of iOS apps. The latest version, 1.5, launches today and adds a few key features to the product on both iPhone and iPad.
Search capabilities have been souped up to include searching keywords within feed content along with feed topics. This helps with story discovery, especially with far-ranging/eclectic sites like Boing Boing. Readers can also save stories to Instapaper for offline reading.
On the iPhone, several of the UI improvements from the iPad version have made their way over, including stream resizing and color-coding. iPhone users also now get the Related Stories feature, allowing them to spot trends or see other coverage of a single topic.
Taptu is a universal app for iPad/iPhone and is a free download in the App Store.
We first looked at the newsviewer app Taptu a couple of months ago when the iPad version launched. Its combination of social streams and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free