Taptu 1.5 adds Instapaper saving, search option
We first looked at the newsviewer app Taptu a couple of months ago when the iPad version launched. Its combination of social streams and curated news feeds makes it a strong contender in the crowded news reader space of iOS apps. The latest version, 1.5, launches today and adds a few key features to the product on both iPhone and iPad.
Search capabilities have been souped up to include searching keywords within feed content along with feed topics. This helps with story discovery, especially with far-ranging/eclectic sites like Boing Boing. Readers can also save stories to Instapaper for offline reading.
On the iPhone, several of the UI improvements from the iPad version have made their way over, including stream resizing and color-coding. iPhone users also now get the Related Stories feature, allowing them to spot trends or see other coverage of a single topic.
Taptu is a universal app for iPad/iPhone and is a free download in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features