Apple updates Find My iPhone app with offline device support
Among all the hoopla about iCloud and iOS 5 today, Apple has also quietly updated its Find My iPhone iOS app. Version 1.2 adds features for devices that are offline. Now when a user is unable to locate a device because it is offline, that user will receive an email if the device comes online and is located.
The update also adds the ability to remove an offline device from their list of Find My iPhone devices using the app itself. Previously the user had to log into MobileMe's Find My iPhone page through a desktop-based web browser. Find My iPhone is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs