Apple updates Find My iPhone app with offline device support
Among all the hoopla about iCloud and iOS 5 today, Apple has also quietly updated its Find My iPhone iOS app. Version 1.2 adds features for devices that are offline. Now when a user is unable to locate a device because it is offline, that user will receive an email if the device comes online and is located.
The update also adds the ability to remove an offline device from their list of Find My iPhone devices using the app itself. Previously the user had to log into MobileMe's Find My iPhone page through a desktop-based web browser. Find My iPhone is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter