OmniVision, Avago reported iPhone 5 parts suppliers
A rumor from Digitimes suggests Apple is tapping OmniVision for CMOS image sensors and Avago Technologies for power amplifiers (PA) to be used in the iPhone 5. OmniVision will be the main supplier for 8-megapixel camera sensors, with Sony picking up any slack. Avago will supply two-thirds of the PAs while long-time supplier TriQuint Semiconductor will supply the rest.
This is good news for the suppliers involved as they will likely see a boost in revenue due to the expected staggering demand for the iPhone 5. This is even better news for Apple fans as it suggests production of the iPhone 5 is moving along smoothly. Yes, it may be slower than some prefer, but it's possible Apple may still hit that rumored September target launch date.
A rumor from Digitimes suggests Apple is tapping OmniVision for CMOS image sensors and Avago Technologies for power amplifiers (PA) to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free