Google Chrome 12 offers safer downloads, hardware acceleration, more
Google has updated its Chrome browser to version 12. Perhaps the coolest feature of Chrome 12 is the support for hardware-accelerated 3D CSS. Any websites (like this one) and web apps that use 3D CSS effects will now have those effects rendered on your page with the help of your computer's graphics card, which should allow for faster and smoother 3D effects.
Chrome 12 also adds a host of privacy and security features. Chrome will now warn users before they download some types of malicious files. Chrome 12 also gives you more control over the data websites store on your computer, including Adobe Flash's Local Shared Objects. Chrome 12 is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature