Current stock of Verizon iPad 2s being pulled by Apple?
Several posts on Apple's support forums suggest Apple is withholding shipments of a select number of Verizon iPad 2s. Details are sparse but shipments en route from China are apparently being called back to their destination.
9to5Mac was also reportedly told by a store employee that Apple has provided a list of serial numbers for Verizon iPad 2 models. All shipments from June 6 to June 11 are supposed to be scanned for these blacklisted devices. If any are found, they are sent back to Apple. This one store has already sent back 100 tablets.
From the description, this unknown problem apparently affects a handful of Verizon iPad 2 units. Neither Apple nor Verizon has publicly commented on this unexpected and unofficial recall.
Several posts on Apple's support forums suggest Apple is withholding shipments of a select number of Verizon iPad 2s. Details are...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved