Research suggests Apple, Samsung to overtake Nokia this quarter
Nokia has held the top spot in smartphone unit sales for the last 15 years. Dropping from first to third would be a blow indeed. It's not all bad news for Nokia, however, as the company will maintain its lead in overall cell phone sales.
The Finnish communications corporation sells many low-end mobile phones in emerging markets, which boosts its numbers significantly. In February, Nokia announced it was dumping the Symbian operating system and embracing Microsoft's Windows Phone, in hopes that the union would improve its performance among smartphones.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options