Apple: Samsung is harassing us with its iPhone 5 and iPad 3 request
Apple is not happy with Samsung's latest legal request to view prototype versions of the iPad 3 and the iPhone 5. The Cupertino company recently filed a response in which it called Samsung "the copyist" and claimed the Korean company is trying to harass it with these unreasonable demands.
This latest volley is one of many between the two tech companies. Apple filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against Samsung accusing the Korean company of copying its iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Samsung then countersued Apple with claims of patent infringement. Apple turned up the heat when it asked to review sample units of unreleased but publicly announced products such as the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Samsung responded in kind by requesting the iPad 3 and the iPhone 5. Got all that?
Some of these issues will be decided this Friday when Samsung and Apple will meet with the judge presiding over the case to discuss Samsung's controversial iPhone 5 and iPad 3 request. These legal proceedings are taking place in the US District Court for the Northern District of California.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter