Halfbrick's Machine Gun Jetpack updated at E3
I met up with Halfbrick Studios again last week at E3 here in Los Angeles (while most of you were watching the goings-on at WWDC in San Francisco). I got to play an updated version of Machine Gun Jetpack, the latest game in progress from the developers of Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash. I saw this game at GDC earlier this year, but it's improved greatly since then, with a lot of placeholder graphics and music replaced with the real thing.
In Machine Gun Jetpack you're playing as Barry Steakfries, running down a long corridor for as long as you can with a jetpack strapped to your back. Honestly, I wasn't that good at the game (yet), but I did get to see all of the special vehicles you can spawn. These included the big cyborg mech and the teleporting jetpack from last time around, plus a flying bird suit and a gravity suit that lets you switch from the top of the screen to the bottom at will.
I also saw some of the different jetpacks, including a bubble pack that's a little faster than your normal rig (making the game easier). Halfbrick showed me some of the game's missions; like Tiny Wings, there are various goals to complete over your runs that will win new awards and achievements for accomplishing them.
Unfortunately, we've still got a little while to wait on this one. Halfbrick says the game won't be out for a few months. But when it does arrive, it'll definitely be 99 cents, just like all of the studio's other titles. We'll let you know when it hits the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app