iOS 5 jailbreak offers third-party Notification Center widgets
Jailbreakers have already cracked iOS 5's Notification Center widgets, according to 9to5Mac. Notification screen widgets are little apps -- or widgets -- that run in the new Notifications Center in iOS 5. iOS 5 will ship with two widgets, stocks and weather. However, as usual, the jailbreak community wants to push things forward faster than Apple does, and they've already come out with a host of third-party widgets.
MacStories has an excellent roundup of some of those custom Notification Center widgets but, as always, if you want to use them you'll need to jailbreak your iPhone. One of my favorites is SpringPrefs (shown at right), which shows you details about your iOS system information, including the amount of free RAM, your Wi-Fi and Data IP addresses, and your firmware number.
Jailbreakers have already cracked iOS 5's Notification Center widgets, according to 9to5Mac. Notification screen widgets are little apps...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update