iOS 5 for iPad images suggest higher-resolution display
Although the displays on the iPad and iPad 2 are pretty darned nice, TUAW readers and bloggers alike have wished for a Retina Display-like screen on our magic tablets. Now a tipster at TechUnwrapped has pointed out that several images found in Newsstand -- an iOS 5 feature -- and the Twitter framework are suggesting a possible higher-resolution display for an upcoming iPad 3.
The screen resolution on existing iPads is 768 x 1024 pixels, and in previous versions of the iOS, SDK screen backgrounds and other images were sized accordingly. The tipster has found evidence of images at twice the size -- 1536 x 2048 pixels -- suggesting that the next generation of iPad might include a display with that resolution.
What do you think, TUAW readers? Will the iPad 3 come with double the resolution? Let us know in the comments.
[via Ars Technica]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free