iOS 5 for iPad images suggest higher-resolution display
Although the displays on the iPad and iPad 2 are pretty darned nice, TUAW readers and bloggers alike have wished for a Retina Display-like screen on our magic tablets. Now a tipster at TechUnwrapped has pointed out that several images found in Newsstand -- an iOS 5 feature -- and the Twitter framework are suggesting a possible higher-resolution display for an upcoming iPad 3.
The screen resolution on existing iPads is 768 x 1024 pixels, and in previous versions of the iOS, SDK screen backgrounds and other images were sized accordingly. The tipster has found evidence of images at twice the size -- 1536 x 2048 pixels -- suggesting that the next generation of iPad might include a display with that resolution.
What do you think, TUAW readers? Will the iPad 3 come with double the resolution? Let us know in the comments.
[via Ars Technica]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update