Adobe adds support for iOS development into Flash Builder, Flex
Adobe has updated its Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 tools to support the Apple iPad and iPhone as well as the BlackBerry PlayBook. The app development tools let a developer build one app and distribute it across multiple platforms. Developers can add support for tabbed applications and landscape mode. Apps can also be optimized specifically for the iPhone or the 9.7-inch display of the iPad.
A change in Apple policy last September paved the way for developers to create iOS apps using third-party tools like those made available by Adobe. Earlier this year, Adobe introduced Wallaby, an experimental tool that lets developers convert FLA files to an HTML5 format compatible with iOS.
Developers interested in Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 can buy the tools as stand-alone applications or part of the Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium and Master Collection. Below is a video of the tools in action.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync