Adobe adds support for iOS development into Flash Builder, Flex
Adobe has updated its Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 tools to support the Apple iPad and iPhone as well as the BlackBerry PlayBook. The app development tools let a developer build one app and distribute it across multiple platforms. Developers can add support for tabbed applications and landscape mode. Apps can also be optimized specifically for the iPhone or the 9.7-inch display of the iPad.
A change in Apple policy last September paved the way for developers to create iOS apps using third-party tools like those made available by Adobe. Earlier this year, Adobe introduced Wallaby, an experimental tool that lets developers convert FLA files to an HTML5 format compatible with iOS.
Developers interested in Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 can buy the tools as stand-alone applications or part of the Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium and Master Collection. Below is a video of the tools in action.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements