Apple removed ThirdIntifada from App Store
The Associated Press reports that Apple has yanked ThirdIntifada, a known anti-Israel app, from the App Store. This happened after Yuli Edelstein, Israel's information minister, and Jewish human rights group The Simon Wiesenthal Center complained to Apple.
The app, as seen in screenshots captured by Razorianfly, was used as an information hub for supporters. One of its uses was to organize anti-Israel protests.
Apple spokesman Tom Neumayer told AP, "... it violates the developer guidelines by being offensive to large groups of people."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync