iPhone the top smartphone at both AT&T and Verizon
An informal survey of 250 Verizon and AT&T retail stores by BTIG suggests the iPhone is the top-selling handset at both wireless carriers, reports All Things D. The Verizon iPhone has been available for five months and 51% of stores surveyed ranked the Apple smartphone as its #1 seller. Another 38% of Verizon stores say the iPhone is tied with an Android handset, usually the 4G Samsung Droid Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt.
Over at AT&T, the iPhone is by far the dominant handset. In 65% of AT&T stores queried, the iPhone is the best selling handset; only 38% claimed an Android was outselling the iOS device. When you combine the statistics from the two wireless carriers, the iPhone 4 is the #1 handset in 58% of the stores surveyed and another 20% ranked the iPhone on par with a competing device. Notably missing from this survey are BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices, which barely make a dent in the sales of the iPhone and Android models.
Beyond the iPhone, Apple is making it a clean sweep with the iPad topping the charts as the dominant tablet and the iPod claiming top honors in the portable media player category.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features