iPhone the top smartphone at both AT&T and Verizon
An informal survey of 250 Verizon and AT&T retail stores by BTIG suggests the iPhone is the top-selling handset at both wireless carriers, reports All Things D. The Verizon iPhone has been available for five months and 51% of stores surveyed ranked the Apple smartphone as its #1 seller. Another 38% of Verizon stores say the iPhone is tied with an Android handset, usually the 4G Samsung Droid Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt.
Over at AT&T, the iPhone is by far the dominant handset. In 65% of AT&T stores queried, the iPhone is the best selling handset; only 38% claimed an Android was outselling the iOS device. When you combine the statistics from the two wireless carriers, the iPhone 4 is the #1 handset in 58% of the stores surveyed and another 20% ranked the iPhone on par with a competing device. Notably missing from this survey are BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices, which barely make a dent in the sales of the iPhone and Android models.
Beyond the iPhone, Apple is making it a clean sweep with the iPad topping the charts as the dominant tablet and the iPod claiming top honors in the portable media player category.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved