iPhone the top smartphone at both AT&T and Verizon
An informal survey of 250 Verizon and AT&T retail stores by BTIG suggests the iPhone is the top-selling handset at both wireless carriers, reports All Things D. The Verizon iPhone has been available for five months and 51% of stores surveyed ranked the Apple smartphone as its #1 seller. Another 38% of Verizon stores say the iPhone is tied with an Android handset, usually the 4G Samsung Droid Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt.
Over at AT&T, the iPhone is by far the dominant handset. In 65% of AT&T stores queried, the iPhone is the best selling handset; only 38% claimed an Android was outselling the iOS device. When you combine the statistics from the two wireless carriers, the iPhone 4 is the #1 handset in 58% of the stores surveyed and another 20% ranked the iPhone on par with a competing device. Notably missing from this survey are BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices, which barely make a dent in the sales of the iPhone and Android models.
Beyond the iPhone, Apple is making it a clean sweep with the iPad topping the charts as the dominant tablet and the iPod claiming top honors in the portable media player category.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update