ITC delays Kodak vs. Apple and RIM decision
The ITC has announced on Thursday that a decision on RIM vs. Apple and Kodak will be delayed [PDF] by one week. It's a bit of a surprise, especially this late in the day, as ITC was supposed to make a decision today. There's no clear reason for the postponement that we could find, but FOSS Patents suggests, "This could either be due to a delay on the ITC's part or a way for the ITC to give the parties more time to negotiate a settlement."
You'll remember that Kodak sued both Apple and RIM, focusing mainly a patent broadly described as an "image-preview feature in camera phones." Kodak CEO Antonio Perez told Bloomberg that the company is seeking US$1 billion.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter