NBC's iPad app doesn't support full episodes
Well, this is baffling. NBC released a free iPad app today that features clips of popular shows, photo galleries, games, trivia and schedules. Users can create a custom "my feeds" dashboard for keeping track of their favorite NBC programming.
What users can't do is watch full episodes of NBC shows. So why would you want this app?
NBC execs apparently don't realize that they aren't competing with ABC and FOX in the iOS space, they're competing with Angry Birds. A recent Flurry study noted that an average of 22 million people per day look at iOS apps. That's greater than NBC's own Monday Night Football audience and just shy of American Idol's typical pull.
You can grab the app here if you're into not watching NBC shows on your iPad. You know, between games of Angry Birds.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature