Happy First Birthday, iPhone 4!
One year ago today, where were you? Were you standing in line waiting to snag the newly announced iPhone 4, or were watching from afar, marveling at the long lines? Unless you had your head in the sand, you were likely doing one or the other.
In the 12 months since its launch, the iPhone 4 has left an indelible mark on the smartphone industry. It's now available globally and remains the top-selling handset.
Speaking of first anniversaries, a friendly reminder for those who were early adopters of the iPhone 4: the one-year warranty runs out starting today for those who bought their handset at launch. You might want to add the extra protection of AppleCare to cover you until the iPhone 5 comes out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows