Analyst suggests Apple to release two iPhone models this September
In a recent research note, Deutsche Bank analyst Chris Whitmore predicts Apple may unveil two iPhone models, an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5, this fall. Whitmore argues that RIM and Nokia, two bastions of the mid-range mobile phone market, are struggling, and Apple could grab a huge chunk of their market share with an inexpensive iPhone.
Whitmore believes Apple is producing an iPhone 4S that is unlocked and priced around $349. This lower-priced model, which has been rumored before, will include a pre-paid voice plan that will entice customers to jump on the Apple bandwagon. Along with this low-priced model, Whitmore also believes Apple will also introduce an iPhone 5, which is the next generation iPhone everyone is expecting.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync