CSI Virtual MasterCard app will extend mobile payments to iOS, others
Engadget has confirmed that CSI and MasterCard will launch a mobile payment application for iOS in July of this year. The interesting note is that iOS and RIM are on the list as there are no iPhone or BlackBerry devices with Near-Field Communication (NFC) capability. By gazing into the crystal ball, we assume that the app either won't depend on NFC, or (less likely) both Apple and RIM will release NFC-enabled hardware.
NFC rumors have hovered above the iPhone like so many vultures lately. A recent Bernstein report suggested that the forthcoming iPhone will not offer NFC support.
Regardless, the app is coming. All we've got to do now is wait for it to show up and then see how it works.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync