CSI Virtual MasterCard app will extend mobile payments to iOS, others
Engadget has confirmed that CSI and MasterCard will launch a mobile payment application for iOS in July of this year. The interesting note is that iOS and RIM are on the list as there are no iPhone or BlackBerry devices with Near-Field Communication (NFC) capability. By gazing into the crystal ball, we assume that the app either won't depend on NFC, or (less likely) both Apple and RIM will release NFC-enabled hardware.
NFC rumors have hovered above the iPhone like so many vultures lately. A recent Bernstein report suggested that the forthcoming iPhone will not offer NFC support.
Regardless, the app is coming. All we've got to do now is wait for it to show up and then see how it works.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs