Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me convert my iPhone to an iPod touch
Your help would be really appreciated.
Thanks and cookies!
Yes, and it's really easy to do. Just "Restore" that phone to factory-fresh and don't restore-from-backup afterwards. Set it up as a new phone instead.
Auntie has a 3GS she uses like that, and it's great. It has all the iPod touch features and works with GPS. That's super for all kinds of run-tracking apps and search-by-location ones, like Yelp.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)