Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me convert my iPhone to an iPod touch
Your help would be really appreciated.
Thanks and cookies!
Yes, and it's really easy to do. Just "Restore" that phone to factory-fresh and don't restore-from-backup afterwards. Set it up as a new phone instead.
Auntie has a 3GS she uses like that, and it's great. It has all the iPod touch features and works with GPS. That's super for all kinds of run-tracking apps and search-by-location ones, like Yelp.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows