fring releases iPad app with video calling
fring has released Video Calls + IM for iPad (free), offering video calling to eager customers. The app is the first free video call app for the iPad to offer group calling (Cisco's WebEx offers group video calls via iPad but is enterprise software and priced as such), with support for up to four simultaneous participants.
Video Calls + IM for iPad is platform-agnostic like a good global citizen (for the most part), and lets users chat with friends on iPads, iPod touches, iPhones and compatible Android and Nokia devices. Plus, it works over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G. So no "Wi-Fi Blues" with fring Video Calls + IM for iPad. Finally, the app lets you send (free) instant messages to other devices, as the name indicates.
The fring UI looks nice, as does the functionality. Add conference attendees with a drag-and-drop, while shiny, candy-like buttons welcome those with poor aim. Download now and give it a try because, well ... we're still waiting on Skype.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter