TUAW's Daily iPhone App: Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp
This one is, of course, the sequel to the Don Bluth classic, Dragon's Lair, now presented on the small iOS screen in all of its (let's be honest, somewhat aged) glory. Dragon's Lair 2 is subtitled Time Warp, and sends Dirk the Daring off through time in the hopes of saving the fair Princess Daphne.
Just like the first title, originally made popular on Laserdisc, this one offers branching paths that make up a pretty compelling adventure game, and just like the first iteration of the series on iOS, moves are made by pressing various virtual buttons on the screen. If you played the first Dragon's Lair and didn't get into it (like a fine wine, it does require a little appreciation for the age it was created in), you probably won't find much here to keep your interest.
But if you look back on the Dragon's Lair series with fondness and have been waiting for the sequel to drop, well, here you go. Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp is now available on the App Store for US$2.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter