Apple's supply demands could affect Amazon tablet production
According to Digitimes, Amazon is shopping around for manufacturers to supply touchscreen panels for its rumored upcoming tablet. The retail giant has supposedly approached TPK Holdings, Wintek, HannStarr Display and J Touch. Two of the four manufacturers, TPK Holdings and Wintek, currently supply touchscreens for Apple and are hesitant to make a commitment to Amazon.
Amazon is looking to ship 4 million tablet units by the end of the year and neither manufacturer has the resources to supply Apple and Amazon at the same time. The online retailer may be forced to turn to smaller manufacturers for its touchscreen panel supply. This move could limit the supply of tablets Amazon has on hand for its launch, which is not a good starting position for a new entrant in the highly competitive tablet market.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter