Starbucks app update perks up coffee customers
MyStarbucks is no more. Starbucks rolled out version 2 of its official app today, combining the functions of myStarbucks and Starbucks Card Mobile into a single program.
The new app has a redesigned interface with the company's new logo. Performance is much faster and having the Starbucks Card capabilities added to the app makes sense since it's ridiculously easy to pay for your coffee with your iPhone and there's really no need to have a separate app for this. Mobile payments also were expanded to Starbucks locations in Safeway.
You can now send eGifts, gifting Starbucks credit to a lucky receipent. It'll go straight to the person's email or Facebook and a QR scanner was added. It retains the other features from the older app such as customizing and viewing the nutrition stats for your drinks, Starbucks Rewards, a geolocation feature, view available job openings and more
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter